Carnival of Bauer

Blog Archive








Add to Google




24 Fanatic

Forums4Bauer

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Co-Inky-Dink???

So, I'm watching 24 tonight (and loving it!) when I get my first glimpse of First Lady Martha Logan. She's sitting at a mirror getting her hair done, while President Logan (read: asshat) is talking to his assistant about keeping her "under control." Logan then babbles on and on - frankly, I'm losing all interest in this toad - about Martha's freak-outs and her ability to make a scene, when it hits me: Martha Logan IS Tereza Heinz-Kerry!

All the signs are there: Martha is a nutcase who suffers from "unspecified maladies" and is married to a spineless wimp of a politician. She suffers from paranoid delusions (most of the time), and is prone to angry outbursts. Even their first names have the same amount of letters. Okay, that one is a stretch, but you get the idea.

Come on, I can't be the only one who noticed it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was thinking she was based on Martha Mitchell who was married to John Mitchell in Nixon's administration. (No, I'm not looking it up!)

Dionne said...

Comparing Martha Logan to Theresa Heinz-Kerry is an insult to Martha Logan. You make some good points but i like Martha and I detest Theresa so its hard for me to completely agree.