Carnival of Bauer

Blog Archive








Add to Google




24 Fanatic

Forums4Bauer

Saturday, January 21, 2006

Maybe it's time we retire
How did we miss this? I find it more than a little embarrassing:
Turns out last week's episode featured a fleeting shot of the caller ID display on a character's cell phone. But rather than the usual fake 555 number -- producers didn't want to waste time or money building a fake cell phone display -- the digits shown were that of an actual phone used by a prop tech who works on '24.'

The number was flashed so quickly, it was impossible to see -- unless you happened to be recording the show on tape or on TiVo. Producers figured they night get a couple of calls from curious types, but were left stunned by what happened next.
We may have Jack's cell phone pegged, but we missed a chance to call it?

And while I'm on the topic of cell phones: does anyone know how to get a ringtone of the CTU phones? I found a way to compose one on my phone, but it's monophonic and terrible, and I'd like to get the real thing if at all possible. Send me an email, or post a comment if you can help. Thanks!

11 comments:

Little Miss Chatterbox said...

Love the CTU phone ring, that is a great idea.

The Man said...

I searched a few ring tone sites on Verizon Wireless and only one had anything dealing with 24 and it was some strange muzak.

I was thinking the same thing about the CTU ring.

AC said...

I have the real thing on my cell phone. It's an MP3 file, I think. I can try to get it to you, if you like.

RFTR said...

I would love to have the mp3 if you've got it... please send it to Blogs4Bauer@gmail.com.

V the K said...

And then the webmaster can pass it on to the rest of us geeks.

Citizen Grim said...

Ha!

I saw that it was a real number, and I thought to myself "I bet if you call the number, it's just a promotion for the show..."

Guess not :)

Pilgrim said...

Way back when I was working my way through College I worked at a place that used a phone system called "Merlin". The ring type was IDENTICAL to what they are using on 24. While I love the show, I absolutely HATE that ring because of that job. It's Pavlovian reflex...minus all the slober and such.

Saulo Benigno said...

that ringtone comes on the soundtrack like a bonus... ;)
i use it on my phone :)
(mp3 sound)

here at amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006J2G9S/sr=1-1/qid=1138912552/ref=pd_bbs_1/002-1865245-6958458?%5Fencoding=UTF8

mrg said...

I can find the ringtone for phones all over the place, and interestingly now know the tone on a phone as MERLIN. Does anyone know where I can find phones used on 24? with the ringtone?

mrg said...

can you email any answers to
gary_willoughby_@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

canada goose jackets sale online Denmark Canada, UK,
goose trillium parka jackets womens online sale Denmark Canada, UK,
goose freestyle vest sale online sale Denmark Canada, UK,
Goose Chilliwack Bomber online sale Denmark Canada, UK,
Canada Goose Mens Citadel coats online sale Denmark Canada, UK,
Canada Goose Expedition Parka sale online sale Denmark Canada, UK,
canada goose snow mantra parka Jackets online sale Denmark Canada, UK,
Canada Goose Yorkville Parka online sale Denmark Canada, UK,
Canada Goose Womens Chilliwack Parka online sale Denmark Canada, UK,
Canada Goose Womens Expedition Parka online sale Denmark Canada, UK,
Canada Goose Womens Kensington Parka online sale Denmark Canada, UK,
womens Goose Montebello Parka online sale Denmark Canada, UK,
womens Goose Solaris Parka online sale Denmark Canada, UK.