Carnival of Bauer

Blog Archive








Add to Google




24 Fanatic

Forums4Bauer

Friday, January 20, 2006

President Palmer - Gone but not Forgotten

This Sunday (1/22) will mark one week since the assassination of President Palmer. Even though one commenter on Blogs4Bauer suggested that Palmer was not really dead, the room-temperature body on the floor of his penthouse said otherwise. Unfortunately for the future of Jack and Los Angeles, it's unlikely that Palmer "pulled a Bauer" and faked his death.

No, I would expect to find out that Yakov Smirnoff is the ringleader of the Russian terrorists before we see Palmer again. Let's not tarnish the life of President David Palmer with conspiracy theories.

I propose that Sunday (from 7:02-7:04), we pause for a moment of reflection in honor of the late President Palmer. Take time to reminisce on what David Palmer meant to you.

To you, was he a voodoo-practicing outfielder for the Cleveland Indians?
Jesus, I like him very much, but he no help with curveball.
...or will you remember him as the first African-American President and All-State Spokesman?
Sherry Palmer: Mike's job is to tell you what you want to hear. Mine is to tell you the truth
President Palmer: You're not qualified for that job.

6 comments:

RFTR said...

Personally, I prefer to think of him as the bullet-riddled get-away driver (Donald Breedan) in the movie Heat.

Anonymous said...

Hats for bats!

Tyler said...

President Palmer will forever be a voodoo-practicing outfielder for the Cleveland Indians, who was riddled with bullets during a getaway from an All-State commercial.

Buckaroo Banzai said...

He's always been Pedro Cerrano to me. I kept asking myself what kind of country would elect a Cuban-born, voodoo-practicing, slugger? Then I remembered that if the U.S. could elect Bill Clinton, anything can happen!

Anonymous said...

He is also the voice of The Military Channel.

Dionne said...

I forgot that my husband and I had figured out that he had been in Major League. Thats funny.

I will definitely always think of him as the first and great African-American president. He will definitely be missed. Especially when you have to watch idiot, weasal Logan every week.