Carnival of Bauer

Blog Archive








Add to Google




24 Fanatic

Forums4Bauer

Monday, April 16, 2007

Liveblogging 11 PM - 12 AM

That's right, folks, RFTR is back in action.

And I promise this time I won't leave halfway through to be replaced by the person whose turn I stole. We'll get started in just about 20 minutes.

Until then, here's a little gift from me to you:


And here we go.

I didn't watch Drive yet tonight, so no one ruin anything in the comments. Let's just leave it at: last night's episodes rocked.

11:00 PM - He needs to get to a hospital? The only reason jack would go into a hospital is if there was a terrorist there he needed to torture.

11:02 - Now the Chinese want the nukes. Didn't they see The Departed? Jack's just going to give them fakes.

And they want access to all Russian defense technology? Isn't that just, like, an underpaid guy and some rusty hardware?

11:04 - No she's not alright, she's still got a penis nose!

11:06 - So the U.S. military objected this season to Jack's use of torture. Think they'll object to him killing a few U.S. soldiers?

11:08 - Oh no, Jack's talking to Chloe in secret. That's never good news.

11:09 - Chloe's worried about an international incident? Since when?

Ads - Snowboarders have AmEx cards now? What happened to exclusivity?

11:15 - I'm pretty sure that gash on the President's face would have been bandaged and oozing all kinds of nasty crap.

11:17 - "How dare you?"??? Is he really surprised that Palmer wants his resignation? "Sorry I tried to have you declared mentally incompetent. Still friends?"

11:19 - All Chloe has to do is tell him that she did it. Spouses can't testify against each other, right? Are they married, or am I misremembering that?

11:21 - Here we go, another CTU employee doubting Jack. That always works well, right? I know, let's contain Jack with a perimeter.

11:22 - She's totally not going to tell Chiggy.

11:23 - Only Jack Bauer could turn a heavily-guarded warehouse into his own personal jungle gym. And the helicopter's ETA is 15 minutes? If Jack needed it, it would have been there yesterday.

11:24 - Remind me the next time I need a tank to claim I'm a federal agent, never flash any credentials, and insist that it's under Presidential order.

11:25 - Ooh. That'll cause a headache. M-16s do not feel good against the side of the head.

Ads - Anyone out there? The comments seem rather quiet tonight. Am I that boring?

If I'm not entertaining you enough, then maybe you should read a more interesting blog instead.

11:29 - Jack's chained. Time for some vampire action. "I had to subdue him," um, no, you had a soldier do it. Pussy.

11:32 - If it's so easy for Jack to get to the President, why didn't he ask for his help before trying to go rogue? Also, I'll say it again, why do people doubt Jack so often?

11:33 - A C-4 Charge will take out anything within 30 feet? Um, doesn't that depend upon the amount of C-4?

Ads - Jack had better start shooting people soon. I'm falling asleep over here.

11:39 - Ooooooh. Doyle's giving Jack orders now. Maybe if he acted a bit less like a little bitch about the whole thing he'd seem a little more intimidating. That being said, Jack just asked him to partner up—which means he's going to be dead sometime in the next few hours.

11:42 - Of course she'll hold it over his head. She's a woman. She screws up, and it's his fault. This is network TV, people, men are evil. Don't forget it.

11:43 - He has half an hour? Jeez, he could be in Milwaukee in half an hour.

11:44 - Doyle doesn't mix relationships with his job, but I bet he'd boink Nadia if given the chance.

11:45 - This VP's chief of staff is way hotter than Scooter Libby. But also not any better of a liar.

The VP is no less attracted to her than Cheney is to Scooter, though.

11:46 - "Their dedication has helped bring this crisis to an end... and now I'm going to help in starting up another one right out of a Tom Clancy novel." Oh dear.

The worst has passed--until the Chinese get a hold of Russian technology.

11:47 - President is about to take a spill on live TV. Awesome. Totally stroking out.

Ads - By the way, in honor of Imus, I'm liveblogging in a cowboy hat.

11:52 - You mean they don't have an MRI in the White House?

"There's no denying that this is a great tragedy for the President—and f-ing sweet for me!"

11:53 - This president has got to trust Jack, right? No, of course not. No one does.

11:54 - "Even Jack Bauer can't guarantee that outcome"? Has Jack Bauer ever let anyone down? Well, okay, his wife—but Nina was hotter anyway!

11:58 - "I shot a friend of mine today because I had to. I would shoot you just for the fun of it. I haven't gotten ass in like 2 years, and if I set Audrey free, I'm sure to get laid. So get out of my way."

11:59 - Jack goes against the White House all the time. Don't tell him what he can't do.

53 comments:

Anonymous said...

First....

Anonymous said...

RFTR - How was your commute today? I almost got out and swam.

RFTR said...

I skipped the commute because my basement flooded--so I got to battle that all day and work from home.

Anonymous said...

Anyone catch Drive?

Anonymous said...

Karen: We have good and bad news. The good news is that CTU secured the nukes. The bad news is that CTU secured the nukes.

Anonymous said...

Chloe to be ratted out as a mole... in 5..4..3..

Anonymous said...

David Palmer publicity shot from Season 4. Sweet.

Anonymous said...

I don't want to be your friend anymore Noah.

Anonymous said...

blackmail? Did VP Daniels just pull an Imus?

Anonymous said...

Oh Chloe, why can't I hack into your heart the way you hacked into Al Bundy's system?

Dionne said...

Where is everyone tonight???

Anonymous said...

O'Doyle Rules!

Anonymous said...

I'm having a hard time focusing on 24 and the Sabres game.

lawhawk said...

WTH? Comments getting eaten alive... I was just saying that Jack trying to lie his way past the NEST team isn't going to end well.

It didn't.

Anonymous said...

I like the layout at the top. New 24 text from you down low. But the comments are only new when scrolling way down to the bottom. Why not make them meet in the middle?

bobqpublic

Anonymous said...

Are we going to see another exploding memory stick?

lawhawk said...

Mr. President.... You owe me.

Dionne said...

How many people can say to the president, you owe me!!

Anonymous said...

How many people can say to the president, you owe me!!

Marc Rich

Anonymous said...

How many people can say to the president, you owe me!!

Susan McDougal

Anonymous said...

I think you'll like my nickname for the Chinese dude.


Or Not.

Anonymous said...

Awwwww, they're so cute together!!

lawhawk said...

She served the country with honor. That's why I do this. Now get in the truck. [you commie pinko bastard with a silver spoon up your $@%]

Anonymous said...

Poor Noah, I like him. But there's something going on with him and that hot little blonde.

Anonymous said...

Was that a smile from Nadia?

Anonymous said...

Is that Laura Ingram?

lawhawk said...

It's okay if the US has Russian nuke codes, but if the Chinese get it, then Russia is screwed? Ah, 24 logic at work...

And the Zombie President is about to have another episode. Perfect timing for weasel VP to avoid being tossed on his keyster.

Unknown said...

Tear up the letter, Powers. Much more dramatic than just putting it in your jacket.

Anonymous said...

Tear up the letter, Powers. Much more dramatic than just putting it in your jacket.

Light up a cigar with the burning remains of the letter.

Anonymous said...

Fox5NY does not have a useless 24-related story tonight!!!

Dionne said...

The Man:
Pretty good with the Marc Rich and Susan McDougal answers. I wasn't thinking along those lines but you're good.

Anonymous said...

Frankly, I'm with Jim Jones on this one.

Anonymous said...

Doesn't look like my prediction of 3 kills just won't happen... unless Tom Lennox snaps.

Anonymous said...

Bill is missing a button there on his jacket.

RFTR said...

Notice to Uspace: when I am liveblogging, any and all "absurd thought" haikus will be deleted immediately.

Don't like it? Suck it. They're lame and nobody likes you. Not even your own mother.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Doyle gets POGO'd

Anonymous said...

"you can't go against the White House."

Clearly someone hasn't read Jack's dossier

Buckaroo Banzai said...

JACK BAUER FRAKKIN' RULES!!!!

And where were the comments tonight??? Less than 40? Weak, guys.

Anonymous said...

Well, looks like we get some killing next week.

Anonymous said...

God of the Universe thinks
RFTR is NOT a liberal...


That is pretty funny.

Anonymous said...

lol... :)

RFTR said...

It may be funny (and true), but it is still deleted.

Jack Bauer said...

It may be funny (and true), but it is still deleted.

Communist.

TheJackSack said...

THE JACK SACK IS BACK!!!!

Oh happy day! Oh thank you Lord! My blog is revived!

Anonymous said...

Touche! Some liberals are very nice...

Blackstone said...

If America has arming chips with access to Russian defense systems, keeping the chip isn't about offending Russia, it's about protecting American interests. In the 24 universe, I wonder if the Russians know. They should already be mad enough to start an international incident with the US.

yankz said...

Three important things:
-Doyle went from good little cocksucker to little bitch in about 50 minutes.
-CHLOE SAID DAMMIT!!
-THE JACK SACK IS BACK!!!

I thought this episode sucked, but next week? Can't fucking wait.

Anonymous said...

I was away dealing w/ biz on my own blog. Can't wait for Myspace to post the latest great episode.

And yes, I know Chloe won Round I. No hacking necessary - just great brains and boobs (and legs)!

yankz said...

You've never seen Chloe's boobs or legs. Chloe winning was a major stain in Miss B4B history.

Anonymous said...

Whatever, yankz.

I've seen enough from this season to convince me.

yankz said...

Spoken like a true newcomer. Michelle from days 2-4 was the coolest female in TV history. Minus Helga G. Pataki, of course.

Bob Engler said...

Michelle from days 2-4 was the coolest female in TV history.

Yankz ...

We are witnessing the end of western civilization. First it was 9/11, then Imus, then Chloe and Cho Seung-Hui ... see how it's all coming apart?

Dammit.