Carnival of Bauer

Blog Archive








Add to Google




24 Fanatic

Forums4Bauer

Monday, January 30, 2006

Blogs4Bauer Kill Counter Challenge

Last week, AM42 and Al lowballed the kill count and Al came out on top. Lucky for Al, Jack Bauer took the hour off to focus on getting his ex-girlfriend and current girlfriend together in order to win some bet with Tony and Curtis.

This hour, Jack "is not CTU" and will be going to get Cumming himself. He's going to take out the Chief of Staff without letting the President know. Probably Jack Bauer's most gutsy move since he decided on the "flank 2" position a couple of hours ago.
Blogs4Bauer Challenge - Guess the Body Count
How many people are going to die tonight?
Episodes 1,2 - 9 Bodies
The Conservative UAW Guy
Guess - 4

Episodes 3,4 - 14 Bodies
RFTR
Guess - 14

Episode 5 - 2 Bodies
AL
Guess - 2

13 comments:

Robert said...

I'm going with 10 tonight.

Anonymous said...

I think Jack will take it easy again this week. He has yet to eat lunch, Jack hates killing on an empty belly.

3 Bodies hit the floor. Cummings wets his pants.

Dionne said...

I was going to say 3 also so I'll stick with that even though The Man guessed that too.

RFTR said...

I'm going with 6.

Also, I would like to point out that I am the only one to win the weekly contest with an exact guess.

Somebody make me eat those words this week!

lawhawk said...

Jack takes out two tonite, but someone's spreading nerve gas (that only takes out rats), so the body count could be higher - are we going to count from time of exposure or when they hit the deck?

Oh, and I've got a counter terrorism matchup for the ages:

Jack Bauer v. Jack Bristow

When you absolutely positively have to torture, extract info, and kill every mofo in the room, accept no substitutes.

RFTR said...

To clarify: the kill count tally is only increased at the time of death, not retroactively to the time of exposure/diagnosis.

Anonymous said...

Also, rat bodies do not count towards the total...only moles

CGrim said...

I'm gonna say 5, including Chief of Staff guy


PS - trying to imagine the real W.H. chief of staff (Andy Card) coordinating with Chechnyen terrorist factions is funny

al said...

Hmmm - I had guessed 2 last week. No credit? Bummer.

I think it'll be another slow week - only 1.

Anonymous said...

Al - I have revised the post, I did not see your submission since it came in later. Sorry.

Anonymous said...

I think Jack is feeling the heat after last weeks low death toll, and is going to want to dispel rumors that he has gone soft.

Kill Count: I am going with lucky number 13.

Bonus Pick: Cummings pulls his left hamstring as he attempts to flee from Jack.

Alphie said...

I'm going with a high kill count tonight. They need to make up for last week, where we went about 55 minutes without a single kill. And only one of the two kills in the last five minutes was actually the work of Jack. Plus, it looks like they're going to be setting Jack loose once again, and we've all seen what Jack can do when you don't hold him back.

So, my guess for tonight's kill count is 153... and that will just for Jack.

I'll throw on another 5 for 'kill by others' tonight.

voiceboy said...

Jack will personally kill 9,collateral deaths not directly on Jack's pistol grip/ 32